Monday, January 27, 2014

1/27/14

..........................................................................................................................................................
 
This week we had a lesson with Amy at Sis. Russell's again. This lesson was on the Law of Chastity. Amy is moving right along, it is really great to see! Madeline has been coming with her to church which is really awesome as well!!
 
..........................................................................................................................................................
 
On Thursday, there was a Health Fair at the college. The church had a booth on 72 hour kits so from 3:00 to 7:00 we manned the booth. Before going, I had been praying for those who are prepared to come by the booth that we would be able to talk to them. We decided to bring all the languages of The Book of Mormon that we had. Then, 10 minutes into it a guy comes up and says, "hey that's my language... Can I look at that?" It was Arabic. We tell him about it and give him a card, 20 minutes later a girl walks up and says, "hey that's my language... Can I look at that?" And again it was Arabic!! Then a college student walks up, and I bet you guessed it, he says, "hey that's my language... Can I look at that?" It was Arabic!!! At first I was thinking that it was just by chance after the 3rd I realized it wasn't. I knew that I was prompted to bring that Arabic Book of Mormon. The college student that came by brought his friend by so he could see and he asked if we had Swahili. We told him, "no, but we can get it." Another college girl hurriedly walked by and grabbed a card. That day we talked to around 100 people with in those 4 hours. It was an awesome opportunity!
 
..........................................................................................................................................................

On Friday, we had a lesson with Brian and we challenged him to pray about Feb. 22 as a goal for him to be baptized. He said that he would need to talk to his Mom first and a RM in the branch named Matt.
 
..........................................................................................................................................................

It feels like I am building up the area so Elder Raffensparger can have people to teach when I get transferred next week! 
 
..........................................................................................................................................................