Saturday, January 4, 2014

12/30/13

This week we hit rock bottom, our entire district was extremely low on lessons. So, it really is the time of the year that makes the work dead. As I was walking to church I came up with a poem. I would like to share it with you all.
 
---------------------------------------------
As the ice breaks beneath my feet
I wish I could be back in the heat.
 
As the cold wind air blows on my face
I know I should be no other place.
 
A mission is hard I'll tell you why
I've been on my knees and continued to cry.
 
As I walk through the Dakota snow
I think of how I'll continue to grow.
 
So this is why I'll continue to serve
And bring the gospel they deserve.
 
Don't think about all the things you can't
Just think about the blessings He will grant.
 
It's all worth it in the end 
Knowing I have a closer Friend.
 
Elder Andrew K. Ashcroft
12/30/13
----------------------------------------------------