Wednesday, January 15, 2014

In Memory of Brian Scott, My Brother, and Friend

I have never really understood and still don't fully understand "The Lords Tender Mercies". I think we all can see the tender mercy in Brian's passing.. Brian fell asleep and when he woke up he was "Home"! As it says in Alma 40:11 All... are taken "Home" to that god that gave them life! Not only did he wake up "Home" but he has been freed from his Leukemia and other sicknesses for the last and final time, as it says in Alma 40:23 The soul... and the body... shall be restored to their proper frame!
 
 
In Marshall Minnesota at the time in my mission where I was planning on going home early I received a blessing, and in the blessing it said that "There are others on the other side of the veil that are watching and helping you"! Just as Brian was my "BodyGuard" in this life I'm sure he is doing the same in heaven! 
 
Brian came into my life at a point in time where I didn't have very many friends and was still being made fun of etc. Whenever Brian was around and someone purposefully said something rude to me, Brian ended it and would make sure it wouldn't happen again! When I think of the fun times that I had with Brian it always involved 2 things. The first being four wheelers or dirt bikes and the second being camping! I spent countless nights camping with Brian from Timberline Scout Camp to Dumont Sand Dunes! I hope and pray that there are sand dunes in heaven for Brian and I to play on when it is my time to return to home as well!
 
In D&C 121:7-8 it reads: My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment; And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; I know that Brian was and is exalted on high for "enduring" his trials which our father in heaven placed before him, I know that each and everyone of us who love Brian will see him again and I leave this testimony with you.  In the name of Jesus Christ Amen.