Tuesday, June 25, 2013

June 24, 2013
On Friday last week a Tornado hit just outside of Marshall, actually 2 of them!!! It was pretty awesome!! We had hail the size of marbles, rain that had no break, the sky turned green the wind was around 85+ MPH and the thunder sounded like a Jet constantly circling over Marshall. It made for a great journal entry!! :) I got some pretty good video footage of it. That night we went to Red Wood Falls to help the other set of missionaries in our branch and the storm was going on there too. We went and took a "Nature Bath." Yeah I was completely soaked hahaha! On Saturday Elder DeLaMare and myself were guided by the spirit to a Lady named Judy Olson which the Lord had prepared for us. We were definitely led by the spirit! We parked the car and just started walking. She was outside with her dogs letting them go to the bathroom. We asked her if we could share a message with her, she replied, "my apartment is messy." Then after a pause she said, "I guess it would be fine." So, we walked in and had an amazing lesson. We taught in unity and with the spirit and god gave me his eyes to see her as one of his daughters. I was able to understand the scripture: D&C 84:85 "Neither take ye thought before hand what ye shall say; but treasure up in your minds continually the words of life, and it shall be given you in the very hour that portion that shall be meted unto every man."
This scripture tells us 2 things. First, is that we will be able to teach with the spirit by number. Second, studying! The spirit cannot draw from an empty bucket, because I was doing my studies diligently the spirit was able to draw from my bucket and I was able to teach with the spirit and the lesson went amazing. That night I prayed to the lord and thanked him that I was able to be the instrument in his hands to teach Judy, and that I was able to be led by the spirit to her. (Judy was very receptive. We invited her to be baptized and she accepted. We  also committed her to read, pray and come to church. On, Sunday she called to inform us she couldn't make it. Investigators never do that so that is an awesome sign.)
 
Next weekend is transfers its gonna be crazy to see what happens, our prophecy is that 1. I will be training 2. Elder Kidman will be leaving 3. Elder DeLaMare will become the district leader. If I do end up training I will have stayed in Marshall for 7 and a half months!!!
 
Elder Ashcroft
 
I think he has finally gotten the hang of this whole blogging thing. He is "sorta" writing official letters instead of us piecing everything together. Thank you everyone for following our posts and keeping Andy in your prays. We appreciate it and I know he does too.
Love The Ashcroft's