Thursday, March 28, 2013

March 28, 2013

             So our newest Investigator Corban Crockett is moving along great. We met with him 6 out of 7 days no joke! He is on date for baptism, April 20, 2013. We asked him if he would be baptized and he said, "yes," with no hesitation at all. It will take a miracle because he is on probation and doesnt get off until October of next year, but if this is what god wants then he will provide a way! Joshua is another guy we are working with he is a Walmart employee. He just started telling us about his life and how he wanted to be the worlds fastest man and was trying to outrun god, but all it got him was really tired. We have talked to him a few times and we are trying to have a "lesson" with him at his house not just in Walmart....hahaha. 

            We have one investigator who wants to get baptized but can't because of her husband. Her name is Kelly Lingbeck. When we went over to her house lastnight, during the prayer I felt prompted to share with her D&C 121: 7-8. Elder Kidman went running his mouth like usual after the prayer so when he went for a breath during his mouth-a-thon I cut him off and said, "I felt prompted to share this scripture with you." (D&C 121: 7-8 ) We offered here a blessing, which I gave, after the blessing she was crying. She couldnt hold herself any longer and gave us a hug. She was so happy....hahaha... if the spirit would speak to me like that everytime I wouldnt ever question. I would be able to act upon the promptings as soon as I can, because I'm able to recognize it easier.
 
             This is all i can think off for today, hope it satisfied your hunger......hahaha.
 
Love
Elder Ashcroft

Apartment life in Minnesota.