Tuesday, March 5, 2013

CALLED TO SERVE

2-21-13
The first day was hard I was choking down tears all day but it helped when I read this Alma 26:27-30.  That is how almost every missionary feels.  Today is much better but still hard.  I need lots of encouragement in your letters. Elder Ashcroft

2-23-13
MTC
Thank you to everyone who has been sacrificing and praying for me, I finally see now, because I have been able to eat almost everything on my plate.  We have been having some amazing spiritual experiences - everyone here- everywhere we go is talking about the gospel.  I am the District Leader - as I prayed for the members in my District they receive those things that I prayed for.  Our District is so close - we uplift each other - help each other - and eat almost every meal together.  Elder Ashcroft

2-27-13
MTC
My companion is from Holiday, Utah.  He likes basketball and is 6'4".  We got along from the moment we met.   Thank you for the letters - I have very little time to respond due to "so much to do and no time to do it".  We go to the gym on designated days and our P days are so busy.  It felt so good to do laundry - never thought I would say that.  I always heard missionaries say - thank  you for your prayers - we can feel them - never understood that until now.  Today in one of our role plays I felt the spirit tell me exactly what to say/ask then when I acted upon that it worked out perfect.  It felt so great.  I have been waiting for that for a very long time.  Love you all, you are in my prayers.  Elder Ashcroft